SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under minimal supervision, responsible for planning and directing activities related with the development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for processes and materials within Maysteel.
- Develop, maintain and communicate quality plans.
- Responsible for quality engineering portion of NPI launches.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Perform inspections.
- Work within team environment to facilitate improvements on procedures, methods, product enhancements, cost reduction studies, and defect investigation and correction.
- Determine disposition, perform root cause analysis, generate reports and provide follow-up on rejected parts. Monitor “QA hold” area.
- Interface with customers on quality issues.
- Develop data collection systems and analyzes information to initiate and coordinate corrective action and continuous improvements and verify effectiveness of actions.
- Devise sampling procedures along with design and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data to ensure conformance to specifications at all levels.
- Interface with suppliers and provides guidance on quality issues.
- Develop and implement quality assurance standards, processes and controls.
- Develop methods for inspection, testing sampling, and training.
- Effectively uses quality tools and techniques to assist in determining compliance to specifications, trends, capabilities, and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate production capabilities and recommend improvements.
- Provide quality assurance support to ensure that the products produced are manufactured in accordance to the specifications and requirements as defined by the customer and/or company.
- Respond to customer identified issues and assist in maintaining the Quality Management System.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints applicable to the process.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus five or more years of related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong APQP background, problem solving skills, Corrective/Preventative Action experience, Six-Sigma experience and knowledge of Lean methodology. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer. Experience with problem solving techniques and tools. Strong written and verbal skills. Must be knowledgeable with Microsoft Office products. Experience reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Functional/technical skills:
- Strong APQP background
- Problem Solving Skills
- CA/PA experience
- Six-Sigma experience preferred
Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning, seizes more opportunities than others.
Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Costumer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.