ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform operations necessary to develop and prototype new products or experimental processes.
Assist Engineering and Operations departments in transitioning products through design, prototype, pre-production, and full production phases. Assist in developing processes, fixtures and tooling through all phases of development and production.
May interface directly with customers to improve processes.
Perform routine and preventative maintenance on equipment and maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
Perform advanced quality inspections including blueprint reading, hand inspection methodology, Coordinate Measuring Machine and SPC (data interpretation/process evaluations).
Must demonstrate a good safety record, as strict adherence to all plant and departmental safety regulations.
Assist in training new employees.
Work with other Technical Center person(s) to acquire skills required for promotion to Senior Prototype Technician level.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must be capable of working independently to perform all essential duties as outlined above. Internal candidates must hold a Technician level job classification. All Prototype Technicians must also possess one (1) of the following three (3) skill sets.
- Must be able to set-up and operate a laser cutting machine; and
- be able to set-up and operate turret presses; and
- be able to edit programs for the laser cutting machine and turret presses.
2) FORMING/HARDWARE INSTALLATION
- Must be able to set-up and operate a Promocam Press Brake; and
- be able to select proper tooling for the Press Brake; and
- be able to set-up and operate Haeger Presses; and
- be able to Process Sequence Identification (Pems versus form sequencing, etc.); and
- be able to generate Flat Layouts.
3) ARC WELDING
- Must be able to perform at the GSO level for MIG welding, TIG welding, and Metal Finishing; and
- be able to perform at the GSO level for spot and projection welding.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree in a related field or the equivalent experience is required.
Ability to read. Ability to write.
Ability to count. Ability to apply concepts of complex algebra and geometry.
Ability to identify and solve operational problems or contract the work. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid Lift Truck Operator’s license or obtain it within one month of job classification. Job/customer specific certifications may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently list and/or move 25 pounds or more.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment usually ranges from low to high.Apply Now