SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under minimal guidance, the Marketing Communication Specialist creates and coordinates communications programs that effectively describe and promote Maysteel, its division and its products to support marketing plans, campaigns and strategy. This team member is also responsible for digital marketing, social media content and measurement and event coordination. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in marketing communications, specifically content marketing.
Maysteel’s Marketing Communications specialist will work with team members to develop, review, and edit messaging and materials for social media, website and online programs, print collateral, press releases, internal communications and customer relations. They will also research and develop content for publication and trade advertising and is responsible for evaluating media, and other methods to ensure effective brand building and messaging in the market.
- Participate in the development and editing of external marketing collateral – including brochures, white papers and case studies and internal messaging [as necessary] – including employee communication meetings, corporate memos and presentations.
- Propose and assist with the content creation and editing of Maysteel’s digital presence including websites, social media platforms, email marketing and professional network associations.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in developing necessary messaging and communication plans for internal and external marketing collateral.
- Create and support internal and external presentations
- Support email campaign content creation and execution
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Coordinate events, tradeshows, and conferences
- Support sales functions such as lead entry and routing, customer research and other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or journalism with 2 to 3 years of experience in marketing in the manufacturing sector with progressive responsibility.
- Must possess outstanding creative writing and editing skills, as well as verbal skills
- Skillful in Microsoft Suite (Office Word, Office PowerPoint, Office Excel), Marketing Automation Tools, Google Analytics and WordPress Experience. Background in CRM management and design experience is a plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, manage details, multi-task, and maintain quality and effectiveness with multiple high priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Action-Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging, not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning, seizes more opportunities than others.
- Creativity –Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.