Preferred candidate would be able to operate a brake press and Amada turret, as well as perform within assembly and spotweld.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine operations related to turret, brake, assembling, spotwelding, and any related equipment.
- Work with Technicians and Group Leader employees to acquire skills required for promotion to GSO level. Must have the ability to understand technical direction from group leaders and other technician level employees and be able to demonstrate skills. Specifically, trains on other related departmental equipment and/or processes to achieve multiple operator skills. Recommend and select proper tooling for required tasks, as well as recommend productive process changes.
- Work from routings, manufacturing instruction sheets, blueprints, visual aids, or other instructions to manufacture product at required quality levels.
- Must demonstrate a good safety record, as strict adherence to all plant and departmental safety regulations.
- Perform basic inspection and SPC for measuring product quality as it relates to job skill.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Perform routine material handling duties, including but not limited, to hand trucks and overhead cranes. Move loads in compliance with safe practices.
- Participate in various plant improvement activities, including but not limited to, 5s events, Kaizen events, and any other lean manufacturing events.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Entry level. Will train, however must be capable of working independently to successfully perform all duties as outlined above. All Flex Operators must develop strong working knowledge of the following equipment.
Within Press Department
1) Must be able to operate the following machines: brake press, turret press.
Within Spotweld Department
1) Must perform at the operator level within Spotweld.
Within Assembly Department
1) Must perform at the operator level within Assembly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Prefer a high school diploma or the equivalency. Must be able to read blue prints.
Ability to read. Ability to write.
Ability to count. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Generally, none required. Job/customer specific certifications may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds or more.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
If you cannot access the application online, please call 262-832-9068.