ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead department in day-to-day operations including work assignments serving as the initial point of contact for problem-solving for each Assembly Department.
- Train new team members through on-the-job training in safe and efficient equipment operation.
- Lead and support work processes that support continues improvement, minimizing errors and ensuring high quality of the product.
- Maintain a safe work environment (i.e. personal protective equipment, proper lifting techniques, tools, etc.).
- Gain knowledge and inspection practice to ensure conformance to quality specifications.
- Inform management of part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem.
- Properly record quantities as completed, process paperwork in the system when the job has been completed.
- Troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinate production activity in the department assigned.
- Assure routings are correct.
- Ensure prints are at correct revision.
- Coordinate the flow of products between departments.
- Participate in new equipment installation, troubleshooting, etc.
- Assist with new product introduction and set-up activity, including production planning, and employee training.
- Assist departmental employees in the set-up of jobs.
- Monitor employee job quality.
- Take instructions from management/supervisory personnel.
- Conserve resources and supplies to facilitate minimum waste.
- Work from routings, manufacturing instruction sheets, blueprints, visual aids, or other instructions to manufacture a product at required quality levels.
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications.
- Recommend and select proper tooling for required tasks, as well as recommend productive process changes.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma, GED or the equivalent.
- Experience with power and hand tools a plus.
- Basic Math and Communication skills required.
- Entry-level - will train.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift, carry, push, pull, grip, and grasp up to 50 lbs. Employees also frequently bend, twist, and reach and may stand and/or walk up to 8-10 hours per day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. The job consists of working in a manufacturing facility and could consist of making changes by hand or by running machinery equipment. The employee will receive objects or parts on a cart or in a bin, be responsible for your portion of the job, and then pass product down the assembly line or to next worker.
If you cannot access the application online, please call 714-228-2984.